- Security agencies announce additional security measures in preparation for the Papal visit;
- Two separate armed robberies in Mpigi and Butambala districts, Central region;
- Netherlands police join the search for missing Dutch tourist in Murchison Falls National Park.
- Al-Kataib release video entitled “STORMING OF A UGANDAN CRUSADER BASE”
- Official presidential and parliamentary election campaign period begins;
- Election body sets up committee to monitor election violations, police form Electoral and Political Offences Squad;
- Rumours of an opposition alliance between Besigye and Mbabazi;
- FDC’s Kizza Besigye declares the start of a “defiance campaign” against the government;
- Kenya says Uganda’s consideration of alternative crude oil pipeline will not affect LAPSSET;
- Youth leader of Amama Mbabazi’s ‘Go Forward’ campaign team attacked in Sembabule;
- Draft Bill proposes amendment to election process and powers of Kampala Lord Mayor;
- Alleged abduction of independent presidential candidate Joseph Mabirizi;
- Parliament votes to retain special interest groups.