- At least 16 killed and 35 wounded by armed assailants in Afambo woreda, Afar region;
- At least 20 killed in Burji, SNNPR;
- At least 22 killed in landslide in Konta, SNNP region;
- Six killed in armed attacks in Oromia;
- At least five killed and four wounded in an armed attack in Ataye, Amhara region.
- Prime Minister Abiy awarded 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for peace efforts with Eritrea and internal reforms;
- Baladera Council cancels Addis Ababa rally over risk of insecurity and arrest of organisers by authorities;
- At least 70 opposition parties protest against the revised election law;
- U.S. government extends technical support to Ethiopia’s 2020 election process;
- Ethiopia rejects Egypt’s call for international mediation over the GERD and terms it disruptive.