- Somali regional leader resigns;
- Protests against federal forces in Jijija result in at least 29 deaths;
- Four inmates die following prison unrest in Amhara and Tigray.
- Al-Qaeda leader Zawahiri calls for jihad and a continuation of attacks in East Africa in new video;
- PG7 imminent return to Ethiopia following reforms;
- Ethiopia to commence use of Eritrea’s Port Massawa in near future;
- PM Abiy urges Ethiopian diaspora to invest in the country;
- State funeral of GERD project manager takes place in Addis Ababa.