- Prisoners riot at Juba Blue House;
- Civilians flee heavy fighting between rebel groups in Yei River State, Central Equatoria;
- At least 22 killed in intercommunal conflict in Terekeka, Central Equatoria;
- Road ambush incidents in Greater Lakes result in at least six killed;
- Boat attacked, gunmen apprehended in Western Lakes;
- Sixty per cent of the population require urgent humanitarian assistance.
- South Sudan government says it released at least 20 political prisoners, claims to have no others in its custody;
- Parliament ratifies peace deal; Formation of pre-transition committees behind schedule;
- Petroleum Minister says oil production will recommence in Rubkona, Unity by late November;
- SPLA renamed the South Sudan People’s Defence Forces;
- New investigative report highlights links between corruption and South Sudan’s civil war.