- Current credible threats to Mogadishu;
- ISIS claims targeted shooting in Hodan, Mogadishu;
- IED targets former SNA deputy chief’s convoy near Ceel Waregow, Lower Shabelle;
- Heavy engagements with al-Shabaab in Marka district, Lower Shabelle;
- U.S. airstrike kills two al-Shabaab fighters at Muudey Qalaf area, north of Kismayo;
- Al-Shabaab launches direct attack on SNA base in Daynuunay, Bay, killing four soldiers;
- Separate IED and attack on SNA position in Balcad district, Middle Shabelle;
- Al-Shabaab activities and general security threat to Puntland;
- Fire destroys property and weapons at Puntland Security Force armoury, Bosaso;
- Al-Kataib releases video of the direct attack on Bariire Danab Base in Sep 2017.
- Sudan Intelligence Chief visits Mogadishu for talks with Somalia’s intelligence agency;
- Demonstrations against Jubaland administration in Gedo;
- Two more declare their candidacy for the South West presidential election;
- Government directs INGOs to base themselves in Somalia, pay taxes and hire nationals;
- Mogadishu seaport customs manager implicated in corruption;
- Somaliland President signs Rape and Sexual Offences Law.