- Somalia Data Analysis: Comparative Jun – Jul 2018 – Incident Overview;
- Stablisation Forces removed and replaced by SNA and police units in Mogadishu;
- Direct attack on Afgoye checkpoint; Asymmetric attacks along the Afgoye Corridor;
- ISIS claims IED attack at Elasha Biyaha, Afgoye Corridor; Further indications of links between Puntland - ISIS faction and ISIS cells in Mogadishu;
- Al-Shabaab overrun Bar Sanguuni SNA Combat Outpost with at least six soldiers killed;
- Al-Shabaab briefly enter Qalimow, Middle Shabelle after SNA reversal; Attacks along Mogadishu-Baidoa, Mogadishu-Jowhar MSRs;
- Separate Indirect Fire attacks on the outskirts of Barawe and offshore Barawe;
- SVIED kills two former government officials in Buhodle, Togdheer region;
- Puntland deputy police commissioner shot dead in Galkayo North, Mudug;
- Al-Shabaab enter Af Urur, Bari region after Puntland Darwish forces withdraw from base;
- KDF accused of destroying telecommunications mast near Ceel Waq, Gedo;
- Al-Kataib releases new propaganda video showing al-Shabaab attacks across Somalia.
- AMISOM mandate extended for ten months;
- FGS and Eritrea resume diplomatic relations after 15 years;
- Somaliland election committee announces plans for 2019 parliamentary elections;
- Somaliland parliament rejects Upper House amendments and approves original draft Rape Bill.