Position Overview: The Senior Intelligence Analyst will plan, collect, process, analyze, and disseminate a variety of finished intelligence products, focusing on security and political risk in Sub- Saharan Africa, including but not limited to counter terrorism and violent extremist organizations, insurgents, state and non-state actors. The key countries of focus are Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia, South Sudan, in addition to bespoke reporting on other complex security environments across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and analysis on information and data from a variety of sources.
- Conduct forward looking analysis and produce detailed reports on security and political incidents pertaining to activities and threats which may impact customer areas of operations.
- Track and analyze violent extremist organizations, incidents and propaganda materials to assess operational capabilities and potential future threats.
- Produce finished intelligence products including scheduled bi-weekly situational analyses on countries of focus, with other bespoke analysis, assessments and briefings as required.
- Real time verification, alerts and analysis in response to SIGACTs for key countries.
- Produce formal RFI responses, support proposal writing, and other ad-hoc assessments.
- Guide junior analyst(s) and OSINT watchkeepers utilizing analytic tradecraft.
Qualifications, experience and other requirements:
- Minimum Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and five years intelligence analysis experience, or ten years of analysis experience with DoD or a Government Agency.
- Formal military or government intelligence analysis training course.
- Experience producing analytical products and assessments for the Horn and East Africa.
- Experience in producing intelligence analysis on both political and security risk.
- Comprehension of human terrain, complex societal and cultural relations and the nexus with security and political dynamics in key areas of operation.
- Must be professional, promote teamwork, ability to cooperate, communicate and work effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment.
- Must be flexible, and able to balance producing qualitative reporting and meeting deadlines.
- Well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to conduct briefings and produce quality reports for customers from a variety of government, non-government, security and private sector organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft office including Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Advantage to have:
- Ability to obtain U.S. security clearance
- Human Terrain Analysis
- Proficiency in analytic software/ link analysis tools, and ArcGIS
- Languages – Arabic, Somali, French, Swahili
Company Description: Founded in 2014, Vates is a U.S. Veteran-Owned Small Business and an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. Vates provides analysis, assessments and specialized consultancy enabling companies to understand and mitigate threats and risks when operating in dynamic and complex environments throughout sub-Saharan Africa. We have a proven track record of supporting our clients’ high threat operations, and are on the ground with regional offices in Nairobi, Kenya and Mogadishu, Somalia.
Primary Work Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract period: Contractor with rotational deployments (105/35 or as agreed), with potential for full time employment.